Summer is just around the corner, although it’s been feeling more like November with all this June-gloom. Either way, I’m ready to start thinking about what I want my Summer to look like so I made a bucket list. Do you ever go overboard with “to-do” lists? I do, especially when they come from daydreams and wishful thinking, so I tried to keep this a bit more realistic.
Here we go!
- Work on my resume.
- Apply for 3-5 jobs.
- Take lunch to work 3-5 days a week (I’ve been eating out way to much lately).
- Make 2 recipes from the following new cookbooks: Cooking for Jeffrey, Damn Fine Cherry Pie: The Unauthorized Cookbook Inspired by the TV Show Twin Peaks, Eat Like a Gilmore the Unofficial Cookbook for Fans of the Gilmore Girls. I got these for my birthday and haven’t cooked any of the recipes yet.
- Buy fresh flowers from the neighborhood Sunday Farmers Market.
- Go for more photo walks.
- Start a regular exercise routine. I’m thinking lots of walking the hills around my house, hikes and water kickboxing at the pool.
- Blog 3 times a week.
- Weekend neighborhood jaunts – explore my local surroundings.
So far, I’ve started my exercise routine – steep hills, sore legs. I’ve also taken to lunch this week to work and bought some flowers last Sunday. Hooray!
“In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explodes, and every sunset is different”.
John Steinbeck, The Winter of Our Discontent